I have repeatedly listened to these albums this year, I have had a real thirst for constantly new stuff. I have arrived at this list with help from my Last Fm listening statistics, I have manually filtered out some albums that I listened to in the last 12 months that I did not buy or discover until earlier in the year that were actually released in 2012 or 2011.
They are in no order of appreciation or preference.
– Jen Cloher’s In Blood Memory
– Big Scary’s Not Art
– Ms Mr’s Secondhand Rapture
– Compliments Of Gus’s The Black And White Of It
– Phil Laeger’s Return and The Light Where It Leads You Ep
– Courtney Barnett’s A Sea Of Split Peas
– Arcade Fire’s Reflektor
– Butterfly Boucher’s Happy Birthday Flutterby. (Which in a way is cheating except it is a brand new recording of these songs)
– She and Him’s Volume 3
Jars Of Clay’s Inland.
Well there you have it, these are the 10 albums I was really excited about and felt deserving of repeat listening from this year.